Doctoral Dissertations - Chair
Bronwyn G. Graves (MTSU, in progress).
- Dissertation Title: "Women and Blue Collar Work: Exploring Factors of Women's Low Presence in Blue Collar Occupations and Industry”
Rania Al-Bawwab (MTSU, in progress).
- Dissertation Title: "Three Essays on Political Economy"
- Internships: Central Bank of Malaysia’s International Shari'ah Research Academy (ISRA) for Islamic Finance in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Summer 2020 - canceled due to COVID-19)
Protik Nandy (MTSU, in progress).
- Dissertation Title: "Referendum and Their Impact on Minority Rights."
- Internships: Knee Center for Occupational Licensing at St. Francis University (Spring 2021) & American Institute for Economic Research (Summer 2021)
- Initial Placement: Cumberland University
Emilia J. Suggs (MTSU, Spring 2021).
- Dissertation Title: "Preference Identification and Political Participation in Alternative Voting Systems."
- Initial Placement: Assistant Professor, King University (Bristol, TN)
Doctoral Dissertations - Committee Member
Labanyalata Roy (MTSU, in progress).
Inhwa Kim (MTSU, 2021).
- "Three Essays on Behavioral Barriers for Financial Choices"
- Initial Placement: Visiting Assistant Professor, Sam Houston State University
Sona Kaarl Esona (MTSU, 2020).
- Dissertation Title: “Three Essays on Government Size, Corruption, Economic Growth, and Human Economic Development Indicators: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa and the CFA Franc Zone Countries”
- Initial Placement: Assistant Professor, Florida Gateway College
M.A. Theses - Committee Member
Rania Al-Bawwab (Troy University, Spring 2017).
- “No Land, No Resources, But Growth? The Puzzling Prosperity of the Venetian Lagoon.”
- Ph.D. Program Placement: PERI Ph.D. Fellow at Middle Tennessee State University
Undergraduate Theses - Chair
Tuan Nguyen (University Honors College, MTSU, Spring 2021, in progress).
- "Infection and Death Disparity of COVID-19 Based on Income Level."
Christopher Cowherd (University Honors College, MTSU, Fall 2019).
- “On the Necessary Preconditions for a Just Social Order.”
Samir Qattea (University Honors College, MTSU, Fall 2019).
Rachel Eccles (University Honors College, MTSU, Summer 2019).
Undergraduate Theses - Committee Member
Hector Hernandez (University Honors College, MTSU, Fall 2020).
- “The Ideal Extent of Social Distancing to Preserve Economic Prosperity when Society is Marginalized”
Nathan Wahl (University Honors College, MTSU, Spring 2020).